Chinese culture week

Some of our learning with our Chinese friends
playing games, taking turns
VLUU L100, M100  / width=
VLUU L100, M100 / Samsung L100, M100
This week we have been fortunate to spend time with ten Chinese students. We have learnt about their culture especially Chinese New Year.

Share your favourite moments from this week… what have you learnt? why is it your favourite moment?

23 thoughts on “Chinese culture week

1. My favourite part of this week was meeting all the Chinese students and making lots of differnt things in class and finding out about how the Chinese live

2. I enjoyed the learning how to write Chinese characters because we got help from the Chinese students so we know what to do.I also enjoyed having them in the classroom because they help us if we need help, they are also very kind to me, friends and our class. Happy new year, Chinese students!

3. My favourite moment from this week is that I’ve been able to learn how to write Chinese all thanks to my new friend John.

4. My favourite moment from this week was spending time with the Chinese people and getting to know them because I liked learning about the Chinese language and what it means so I can tell other people who don’t know. Also, I liked making a lantern, decorating a plate, doing some colouring and making a kite because I liked working with Mia as a partner and it was fun !

5. I have really enjoyed having the Chinese students in school this week. I mostly enjoyed Thursday afternoon when we done all the different activities. My favourite activity was making the kite and taking them out to see if they would fly. It has been an amazing week at school.

6. I enjoyed the Chinese students coming in, I was so sad when they had to leave! I loved all the activities during the week. I have learnt that their school day is much longer than ours and Emily said that she doesn’t normally get to bed before eleven o’clock at night 🙁 . Now I know I like Chinese and enjoyed the the Chinese supper

7. The Chinese students have been very helpful especially Jim. I have liked making our kites and meating Jenny,John,Jim,Brian and Emily .Jenny is a very talented musician and was really good on the piano. John is helpful and is really quick at Maths, like quick.Emily is funny and a brilliant friend and she was on my table.Jim was really helpful and in athletics he was really helpful. Last but not least Brian is kind and responsible and always has a brilliant joke ready.

8. My favourite moment from that week was making a new Chinese friend called Emily. When she became my friend I learnt a lot about her because in this process I found out that in Chinese they have two names as her English name is Emily but in Chinese her entire name is totally different. I chose this as my favourite moment because I like making new friends and I found it a great learning experience becoming good friends quickly, I found it amazing that you can learn so much about someone in just one week. I will remember this week forever!

9. My favourite thing was everything, because the Chinese students where very great but I did like making the kites and flying them,maybe that was my best thing.The one thing I learnt about the Chinese culture was the Chinese race for New Year because I didn’t know about it

10. My favourite bit of this week, is when we went in the hall for an hour with willow 2 and we made kites, lanterns, decorated paper plates and made paper chains as well as creating some Chinese drawings, like a Chinese dragon and some Chinese food it was very fun. I hope we can do some more things with other classes in the school. The other things I liked was that we did some Chinese writing it was amazing, the students taught me how to write my name!

11. My favourite thing we did last week was the workshop with the Chinese students. I liked it because we got to make things that they make almost every year and they helped us too. The best thing of the workshop for me was when we flew the kites , it was almost like we had the new year celebration early!!! Everybody looked so happy and it was the highlight of my week. I also enjoyed the first day they came in to school with us. we got to know them a little bit and then my friends and I got to teach Emily ‘IT’, it was fun. For me , everything we did with them was good and I will never forget that wonderful week!!!!

12. What I have learnt from the Chinese culture is that their writing is different they use tiesimbles instead of letters. My favourite activity was doing PE with them because they looked like they were having fun, I wonder if they do PE at school?

13. I enjoyed having the Chinese students in our classroom it was really fun . My favourite part was when we all flew our kites because it was nice to spend time with them for the last 2 days; flying the kites was really fun ! I have learnt lots during the week about China and I have learnt how to say hello “nehow” . It was really interesting having the Chinese students in our school and I hope we could contact them again some time !

14. Some lovely comments Maple 1 about your week at school! if you could learn about another country in the world what would it be and why?

15. I loved playing with the Chinese students it was an amazing time.My favourite part was making and flying kites.Adding on I enjoyed learning Chinese.

16. I have enjoyed learning new things about the Chinese students and getting to know them more. I also liked learning their language and I liked teaching the students our language. I made lots of new friends and it was fun when Jenny was teaching me some Chinese.

17. I LIKED WHEN WE HAD AN AFTERNOON OF CRAFTS, AND WHEN WE LEARNT CHINESE WRITING ESPECIALLY CAIN AND I MADE A LONG DRAGON . WE ALSO MADE THE LATERNS .

18. My favourite activity from this week was meeting the Chinese students. Most of all I enjoyed meeting my buddy Jim who taught me Chinese writing and how they hold their pencil.

19. I have loved having all the Chinese here because of all the fun and laughter we have had.They have become our friends and I miss them now! 🙁

20. This is a experience that I will never forget because it is amazing time for us and them,

my favorite part of the week was flying kite because my kite flew quite high!

21. This week has been amazing and in the week have been some so many amazing memories that I will never forget but my favourite part was learning how they work and seeing how hard it is for them to try speech are language.Also learn how to write their words in their language and seeing it is so hard because there is a curtain way of doing it and not just put random lines anywhere because it is so much more.