Looking ahead to University

Last week we were lucky enough to enjoy a workshop with students from Bournemouth University.  During the session we learnt all about university, or uni as the students called it, and thought about what opportunities we might have in the future.

P1080269  P1080268  P1080274  P1080281

P1080284  P1080287

What did you learn from the workshop?  How did the workshop affect you?  What questions do you now have about uni?

12 thoughts on “Looking ahead to University

1. I loved it Malina. I really enjoyed going to University and it was great seeing you all so enthusiastic about that very same thing. I was interested in all of the different courses that you aspire to complete. From performance make up to biology and everything in between!

1. My favourite thing was getting the pen then the hats then the mind map thing.

What was your favourite thing we did ?

1. I liked the way that you had to interview the students from Bournemouth. I was really interested in the questions you all asked.

2. It is nice to see that you enjoyed seeing us interested. Did you go to university before becoming a teacher ?And why did you want to teach?

1. I did go to university before teaching. I studied Chemistry which is a really interesting subject in science. I absolutely loved it and as well as learning all sorts of exciting things I made some great friends that I am still in touch with. When I was at university I thought about lots of different jobs before choosing teaching. I chose teaching because I wanted to do a job which would help people. And I’m still doing it and still enjoying it! I can see from your other comment that you want to study acting. Have you thought about English as there are all sorts of plays and novels that actors need to understand in order to act well?

1. I might want to go to university I would like to be an actor when I am older so I would need to take the course of musical theatre so I can become better at my drama and acting skills. I really liked working with Gemma one of the students because if there was a word linked to university we would have to say are opinions on what we thought it meant and then she would tell us what it meant. It was really fun comparing uni to school.

2. We were reading with the Chinese students and they were great at it so I Read to Emily and Genny. We read the super sister and it was so good to read so I am so pleased about that so that was the best day of my life. That was fantastic to do I loved every moment of it I was so happy about that.