Reading Recommendations

We all know that reading is important but have you ever had the problem that you just don’t know what to read? No matter how hard you try, you just can’t find the right book.  The book that will engage you, inspire you and hook you in, so that time flies when you are reading it.

One of the great benefits of blogging is that ideas can be shared between lots of people.  Think back over books that you have read.  Which ones were your favourite?  What would you recommend?  Try to summarise the atmosphere and content.  Explain why you have made your recommendation.

29 thoughts on “Reading Recommendations

1. Birds by Nicola Davies

What is a bird? Well, this book will tell you that and lots more. For example, did you know that there are roughly 9,000 different types of birds but every bird has wings,a beak and two feet? Even though all birds have wings, interestingly, not all birds can fly.

Type of book:Non Fiction
    I recomend this book because it has great facts about birds and if you find birds interesting, like me, then you will enjoy it too.

By JimmyC

1. this could be an intresting book for me to try out as I usually read books that are fiction so I might have to read this book soon .

2. Horrid Henry!!

This book is by Francesca Simon and it is fiction. Sometimes it is funny but Henry is very naughty and Peter is always perfect! I recommend this book for people because I really like it and it is really fun to read. I think that this book is suitable from ages 8 up to the age of 11. I give it 4.5 stars. I think you should read this book.

3. I would recommend the amazing books called Harry Potter with Magic, villans and really cool ideas. If you read this book or books I think you will agree with me J.K Rowling created these really fun books to read and enjoy.

4. Birds by Nicola Davies
    Birds are outstanding animals and this book is a great way to show you facts about them. For example, did you know that a bird has one pair of eyes to scan for danger or prey? Birds also huddle together to keep warm. Surprisingly, they are both predators and prey.

Type of book: non fiction

I recomend this book to you so you can learn some facts about birds
    By Alfie

5. THE BFG
    This book is fiction and was written by Roald Dahl. He was such a talented book writer. Most people get so hooked by these books. He has made more than 20 books. The theme of this book is adventure because Sophie and the BFG go and collect dreams but he makes dreams as well. They go and visit the Queen and give her a nightmare. I recommend this book because its got funky words. I would give this five stars.

6. Harry Potter By J.K Rowling
    All Harry Potter books are fiction. Harry Potter is a dark spooky narrative about witches and wizards and mythical potions. Also this is about a school for wizards and witches called Hogwarts. There are 4 houses: Griffindor, Slitheren, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw.
    I would recommend this book for children from the age of 9 and above because there are some tricky words that under 9’s might not know and they might have nightmares.

7. This book is called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. This book is about a boy who is poor and finds money and buys a chocolate bar and he wins a ticket to the chocolate factory. I would recommend Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because its an amazing book and it is good for all ages and its by a great author named Roald Dahl. The book is mainly all about sweets and candy so it is good for children. Its a fun, fantastic and happy book packed with lots of surprises and lots of different characters!!!

8. Dork Diaries Series by Rachel Renee Russell.
    Although this book is fiction the theme is bullying. This helps all the people who read this book understand how you can still have fun even though something bad is happening.
    I recommend this book series to any female who can read fluently and who also likes reading Diaries. This book also has quite a bit of drama included.(Who doesn’t like drama?)!

9. Guiness World Record
    GAMER’S EDITION 2016
    I like this book for many reasons and one is, the Games that are featured in this book because it has most of the popular games that everyone plays. My favourite pages are, DESTINY, BLACK OPS (TRILOGY), GTA (TRILOGY).
    I would recommend this book to Gamers between 7-18 because there are some games that are violent and inappropriate to young children.

10. HorriedHenry!

These outstanding books are written by Francesca Simon who is a great fiction author.
    The theme of Horrid Henry might be good vs evil because Peter is good (Henrys brother) and Henrys evil.
    I would recomend it for 5+ because its shows you what happens when you’re mean to your siblings.

11. The book that I would recommend is a funny tale about a cat that has a hat written by DR.SEUSS. If you read one of his many books you will agree that he is a great author but my favourite one is called Cat in the Hat:)

12. I recommend Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because it has imaginative characters and objects including a world of sweets.
    The main characters are Willy Wonka (the owner of the amazing world of sweets)and Charlie Bucket and grandad (who are very poor).
    The theme is that imagination is true and you can be any age to love imagination.
    The best part is where all the children go to the sweet land and try out all the sweets.
    The worst part is where Augustus Gloop drinks the chocolate waterfall and falls into it.
    Who do you think wrote this book? Well it is ….. Roald Dahl the most imaginative book writer on Earth!
    By Lilly

13. I recommend Awful Aunty by David Walliams because it is fiction. The main characters are: Stella Saxby, her awful aunt Alberta and her vast owl. The theme is all about good vs evil because Stella Saxby is good and her awful aunt Alberta and her gigantic owl will do everything to steal her money from her. My favourite part is when Stella Saxby leads to victory by keeping all her money. My least favourite part is when awful aunt Alberta tries to take Stella’s money. I definately recommend this to anyone who likes good vs evil story.

14. George’s Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl

The book I recommend is called George’s Marvellous Medicine {by Roald Dahl}. I like this book because each chapter has a different funny object. Unlike most grannies, George’s gran is all gross and eats worms and cabbage with leaches on. George doesn’t like his grandma one little bit. She’s mean and nasty and is always complaning. George can do nothing right in grandma’s eyes, so when it’s time for her medicine he decides to give her a dose of his own special brew.
    This is a quite amazing book and the age I would recommend this book to is every one because it is so funny that any one could read it.

15. William Shakespeare rocks.
    William Shakespeare rocks, the play, is all of his plays put into one play.
    Shakespeare is a good play writer.

16. Horrid Henry

The author of Horrid Henry is Francesca Simon. She is one of the most famous authors ever. Horrid Henry is a Non-Fiction book. It is about a boy called Henry or Horrid Henry as his teacher Miss Battle-axe calls him. He is always being horrible to his younger brother Peter for example taking his things and even playing jokes on him. And he has a best friend called Ralph or rude Ralph who is horrible as well. Both always cause chaos in and out school.

I recommend this book because it is funny, weird and there is a lot 3 per book to be exact. There have been more than 1 million copys sold! So I highly recommend Horrid Henry.

17. DEMON Dentist!
    By David Walliams

Alfie,a boy with rotten teeth,hates going to the Dentist. His teeth are all nearly yellow. They have borne the stains of Sweets,Fizzy drinks and Chocolate. Miss Prig was not really liked in this book because she is horrible to little and big patients.
    I recommend this book for 5 or 6 years old +.
    Did you know David Walliams is a famous face on Britians Got Talent? 🙂

18. Horrid Henry By Francesca Simon
    The Horrid Henry books are fiction. In this book there are 4 characters: Mum, Dad, Henry and Peter. All of these 4 characters fight between each other. Although, Peter gets called perfect Peter by his mum and dad but Henry has a different nickname for his brother which is worm. Henry gets called Henry by his brother but his mum and dad call him Horrid Henry. I recommend the Horrid Henry books because they are always funny and interesting. I think the age for Horrid Henry books would be 8+ because children under the age of 8 might copy the naughty things Horrid Henry does, also because children might get scared when Henry changes into what looks like a dinosaur.

19. I recommend Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. It has loads of characters and the main characters are Willy Wonka and Charlie Bucket! Its full of imagination. In this story the theme is a boy who is rewarded because of how he behaves. I recommend this book because it shows people not to be mean to poor people and to be kind and friendly and get rewards for good stuff. Also to help other children and adults understand to behave outstandingly. And not to be rude!

20. Guiness World Records
    GAMER’S EDITION 2016
    I am interested in this book for many reasons and some of them are that some games that I like are ,DESTINY, .io (SERIES).

21. Bimbo & Topsy

This book is by Enid Bylton. It is fiction and if you have a great imagination then this is perfect for you. At the start of the book a Siamese cat arrived at the doorstep of two children. The children found him and decided to call him Bimbo. Bimbo wanted a play-mate and he got one called Topsy. I think this book deserves 5 star.

22. We are Mammals. Mammals are something that doesn’t give birth to eggs. Like dolphins, humans, whales, elephants. I would recommend a mammals book because children might be interested in mammals and they might want to be a mammal.

23. Georges Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl
    I recommend Georges Marvellous Medicine because it is full of Georges imagination.
    I think this book really helps people to never give up on their dreams! George is really funny. He makes me giggle. I love it! It is made up medicine. It is the best book. The main characters are George and his Grandma. I recommend this book to over 2 year olds because over 2 year olds will understand what it means so they giggle and make sure they can have a good giggle like me!
    I will rate this book a 4/5 because it is not really my type anymore.
    It is suitable for 2 – 11 year olds! I hope you enjoy the book people.

24. Dairy of a wimpy kid by Jeff Kinney .

Although Dairy of a wimpy kid is fiction the theme is confidence and is based on childhood.
    I recommend this book to everyone who can read fluently. I like this book because its funny, interesting and helps you to be confident whatever happens. (:

25. I recommend Candy Floss by Jacqueline Wilson because its suitable for kids and she relates to me because she hates her brother so do I! The main characters are Floss and Rihanna her best friend and her baby brother Tiger. This is suitable for people at the age of 10 .
    by Mary Kate

26. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
    I recommend this book to children the age of 7 and above, due to tricky words they can’t read. This book is fiction and was written by Roald Dahl.

This story will make you ache with laughter and will leave crystal tears darting down from your eyes. It is action-packed with key vocabulary. The hilarious main character is Willy Wonka. Because in the story he owns a chocolate factory and that is what it is about.